Thievery Corporation announce the release of Treasures From The Temple (out April 27), a companion piece to its 2017 album, Temple of I & I. The 12-track compendium includes a trove of original recordings and remixes from the band’s Temple sessions at Geejam Studios in Port Antonio, Jamaica with vocal appearances by Mr. Lif, Sitali, Racquel Jones, Natalia Clavier, LouLou Ghelichkhani, and Notch. The news arrives through the release of the official music video for the album’s first single, “Voyage Libre,” directed by Tina Rivera.
Not many successful musical artists have thrived for 20 years without a radio hit, a big budget video, major label backing, own and operate their own independent label since day one, sell several million albums and continue to expand their fan base across the globe each year. Thievery Corporation have collaborated with such uniquely famed artists such as David Byrne, Perry Farrell, The Flaming Lips, Anushka Shankar, Femi Kuti, Seu Jorge, Bebel Gilberto, and have been featured on major film soundtracks such as Garden State. They’ve influenced a whole generation of electronic producers and DJs. If you add these elements together, you can arrive at only one conclusion: Rob Garza and Eric Hilton, aka: Thievery Corporation.
Treasures From The Temple
1. San San Rock
2. History ft. Mr. Lif & Sitali
3. Music to Make You Stagger
4. Letter to The Editor ft. Racquel Jones (Thievery Remix)
5. Destroy the Wicked ft. Notch
7. Water Under the Bridge ft. Natalia Clavier
8. Voyage Libre ft. LouLou Ghelichkhani
9. Road Block ft. Racquel Jones (Thievery Remix)
10. Joy Ride ft. Mr. Lif & Sitali
11. La Force de Melodie ft. LouLou Ghelichkhani
12. Waiting Too Long ft. Notch