Sam Spiegel Collaborates With Vic Mensa
Rapper/singer/producer and activist Vic Mensa has teamed up with music producer, composer and music/film director Sam Spiegel’s upcoming album Random Shit from the Internet Era, out April 3 via Spectrophonic Sound. Mensa is featured on the album track “Don’t Give Up” alongside Sia and Busta Rhymes.
The follow-up to Spiegel’s project N.A.S.A.’s release The Spirit of Apollo, Random Shit from the Internet Era features a number of singles recently released by Spiegel—“Used to be my Homie” featuring Freddie Gibbs & BJ The Chicago Kid; “20 Below” featuring Anderson .Paak and Doja Cat; “To Whom It May Concern” featuring CeeLo Green, Theophilus London and Alex Ebert; “One Last Time” featuring Goldilox and co-produced by AlunaGeorge’s George Reid; “Wishin’” featuring Bipolar Sunshine; “Crew” featuring Elliphant and Agent Sasco (aka Assassin); “Champagne” featuring Aynzli Jones and “Perfect” with Tropkillaz featuring Bia and MC Pikachu—as well as never-before-heard tracks featuring special guests Mensa, Sia and Busta Rhymes as well as RZA, Barbie Hatch, Kat Dahlia and more.
“I usually love to work conceptually,” notes Spiegel. “Call me old school, but I love making albums that have a theme or concept that carries you through the record. For instance, on N.A.S.A.’s The Spirit of Apollo the theme was space and unity; creating together without geographical, religious, genre or ideological borders. Random Shit from the Internet Era was a different process for me. This is an album comprised of songs which have been created in bits and pieces over many years, some literally over the last 15 years! I had these great songs floating around my brain, and I felt it was time to release them to the world, regardless of whether they fit into a cohesive conceptual album. For that reason, the album is comprised of lots of different feels and genres, disparate frames of mind from my journey through life.”
Random Shit from the Internet Era
1. Goin’ Home (featuring Kat Dahlia)
2. Perfect (with Tropkillaz, featuring Bia & MC Pikachu)
3. Used to Be My Homie (featuring Freddie Gibbs & BJ The Chicago Kid)
4. Don’t Give Up (featuring Sia, Busta Rhymes & Vic Mensa)
5. Wishin’ (featuring Bipolar Sunshine)
6. One Last Time (featuring Goldilox)
7. To Whom It May Concern (featuring CeeLo Green, Theophilus London & Alex Ebert)
8. 20 Below (featuring Anderson .Paak & Doja Cat)
9. Champagne (featuring Aynzli Jonze)
10. Crew (featuring Elliphant & Agent Sasco [aka Assassin])
11. Ride (featuring RZA & Barbie Hatch)
Looking for something new to listen to?
Sign up to our all-new newsletter for top-notch reviews, news, videos and playlists.