Hyunhye, or Angela Seo, is known for her work with Xiu Xiu. Today she has shared a video for “Strands II,” of her forthcoming release Strands, available June 11, via Room 40. The track is inspired by Seo’s passion for electronic effects and piano, that results in a warm and touching track, the perfect match for the visual.
Hyunhye Seo on the video for “Strands II”
“The video is an ode to the mundaneness of solitude. Sometimes I catch myself doing some dumb random shit when I’m alone, and I think, god I’m such an idiot. But there’s also a perverse joy in that, in being allowed to be alone and dumb.”
Also From Hyunhye Seo
1. I’m exposed by the hair that falls from me in long, dark and grotesque trails.
2. It’s impossible to pretend I wasn’t where I’ve been. They’re on pillows I shouldn’t have slept on and on chairs when I linger too long. They used to shake out onto dance floors, but I don’t go dancing anymore. Not lately.
They’re reminders of all that I’ve been and shouldn’t have and maybe won’t be again.
3. Sometimes I don’t even notice how they tangle around everything I own. Other times, I’m mortified to
find them spreading under my toes. No matter how I coil them upon my head with the utmost care, they still fall, mocking the restraint I impose, beg for, then abandon.
4. Are they still a part of me if they fall off me? What if I don’t want them anymore? Who cares?! I didn’t
want to grow them anyways!
5. You may not remember me, but you’re sure to find a strand of me long after you’ve forgotten
Recorded by Jamie Stewart at NURSE studio
Produced by Lawrence English
Pre-order Strands HERE